Earlier today, Triumph unveiled all new Triumph Speed Triples, including the Speed Triple R and the Speed Triple S. The details are in the following press material, but highlights include a substantially revised 1,050 cc 3-cylinder engine (Triumph claims 104 changes), several new electronic rider aides, new styling and standard Brembo monoblock calipers on both models.
Here is the press release from Triumph, followed by a promotional video:
- All new Speed Triple S and Speed Triple R
- NEW 1050cc triple engine with 104 new developments with increased torque throughout the rev range
- NEW rider-focused technology including riding modes, switchable ABS and switchable Traction Control
- NEW styling including all new twin headlamps and all new bodywork
- Significantly narrower engine/radiator package giving 20mm narrower stand-over
- Brembo monoblock calipers as standard across S and R models
- R features bellypan, carbon bodywork inserts and front mudguard, billet finishers and Öhlins suspension front and rear
- Four NEW colorways – Phantom Black and Diablo Red on the Speed Triple S, Crystal White and Matt Graphite on the Speed Triple R
- Designed to be true to the Speed Triple DNA – Delivering the perfect balance of performance, handling, capability and character
ATLANTA (November 10, 2015) – The NEW Triumph Speed Triple S and Speed Triple R take the legacy of the first factory street fighter to a completely new level in terms of performance, agility, power, handling and capability.
Centered around a new 1050cc triple engine, the new Speed Triple S and R redefine the naked performance roadster. The new engine features 104 new developments that combine to deliver more power and, more importantly, more torque across the whole rev range whilst still delivering an increase of up to 10% fuel efficiency. These developments include a new combustion chamber, new cylinder head, new machined crank, new piston design and new ‘Ride-by-Wire’ throttle bodies. Additional developments also include a slip assist clutch, smaller, more efficient radiator and a new free-flowing exhaust that has a 70% increase in flow rate.
The NEW Speed Triple S and Speed Triple R also feature a suite of rider-focused technology. Among the features that add to the Speed Triple’s performance and capability are a new ECU coupled to a new adjustable Ride-by-Wire throttle with selectable throttle maps that increase the feel, responsiveness and control. There are now five distinct riding modes to choose from: Road, Rain, Sport, Track and a new Rider Configurable mode, that all allows the rider to set-up the motorcycle to the optimum performance relative to road conditions or environment.
Key to the new Speed Triple S and R is the aggressive, athletic styling and a narrow, focused design. A low, lithe stance is accentuated by sleek new bodywork and a completely new, Daytona 675R-inspired, tailpiece. All of which has been achieved without losing any of the naked minimalist beauty that is synonymous with the Speed Triple.
The new Triumph Speed Triple S and Speed Triple R redefine the Speed Triple legend – delivering the perfect balance of power, handling, capability and character in two new performance roadsters designed for maximum fun and maximum thrills with maximum attitude.
|Speed Triple S||Speed Triple R|
|Spec highlights include:||In addition to the Triple S spec:|