We provided you will all of the details regarding BMW’s new lightweight single, the G 310 R, but here are the highlights (straight from BMW’s press material):
- Innovative liquid-cooled single-cylinder engine with two overhead camshafts, backward-tilted cylinder and intake tract positioned at the front.
- Output 25 kW (34 hp) at 9 500 rpm and a maximum torque of 28 Nm at 7 500 rpm.
- Rigid tubular steel frame, upside-down fork and long swinging arm for a high degree of ride stability, precise steering response and sound handling.
- Tyres 110/70 R 17 at front and 150/60 R 17 at rear.
- High-performance brake system and ABS as standard.
- Sophisticated ergonomics and multifunctional instrument cluster.
- Low seat height of just 785 millimetres.
- Dynamic roadster design with echoes of the S 1000 R.
- Developed in Munich by BMW Motorrad – produced in India by cooperation partner TVS Motor Company.
- Individually tailored optional accessories in the familiar high quality typical of BMW Motorrad.
Now, we have the following video from BMW which highlights the new bike’s features and gives you a close look at the new machine. The bike should be in U.S. dealers some time next year, but we do not yet have specifics on the date or pricing.
See more of MD’s great photography: