In Milan earlier today, Yamaha rolled out the new MT-10 naked featuring an engine based on the current R1. We do not yet know whether this model will make it to the United States for the 2016 model year. Here are some of the details regarding this European model (you can also visit the Yamaha UK web site):
Ray of Darkness – power torque agility. The MT-10 is the one you’ve been waiting for. It’s by far the most powerful MT ever created. And the time has come for you to enter the next level of darkness.
You’ve done a lot of riding. So you know exactly what you want. Serious power with corner-carving precision. And natural ergonomics that mean you can ride anywhere on any road. Ride the Ray of Darkness with the MT-10.
Driven by a 998cc crossplane engine tuned for extra low to mid range torque – and rolling on a lightweight ultra-short wheelbase aluminium Deltabox chassis with a natural riding position – the MT-10 gives you ultimate power with class leading agility and total control.
- Torque-rich, 4-cylinder ‘CP4’ crossplane engine
- YZF-R1-derived engine, chassis and suspension
- Tuned for strong, linear low to mid range torque
- YCC-T, D-MODE and Traction Control System
- Assist and slipper (A&S) clutch
- Lightweight aluminium Deltabox main frame
- Short 1400mm wheelbase for class-leading agility
- Dynamic mass-forward silhouette
- Upright riding position with forward lean
- High specification ABS brakes with radial calipers
- Fully adjustable high specification suspension
- Multi function LCD instruments
See more of MD’s great photography: